Tuesday, December 29, 2020

2020 Growing In Unity Week Post #2

For my second Growing in Unity Week post, I focus again on an Angie Blom stamp, but this time I had to include the guys.  I used the Forrest Guy stamp set to create a birthday card for my guy.  His birthday is coming up and I thought this would be a perfect chance to be ahead in my card making for once.  

I started by stamping out "Forrest" in Copic friendly ink on an A2 card panel made from Neenah 110 lb cardstock.  I colored him in with Copic markers.  Next, I cut him down using some rectangle dies from Hero Arts.  I wanted the panel to be smaller so we could see the other panel I made.



My second panel was very fun to make.  I just took a green piece of cardstock from my scrap bin and cut it down to A2 card panel size.  I used the Vintage Burlap Background stamp in my Misit with Embossing Ink.  Next I usedBrutus Monroe Raven Sparkle Embossing Powder in a couple of spots on my background and carefully flipped over my panel to "throw" off the extra powder onto a scrap sheet of copy paper.  I did this careful "throw" technique because I wanted to used a second embossing powder on the rest of the background.  I chose a clear powder from Brutus Monore and followed the same steps as above.  Then I used my heat tool to set both embossing powders.  I like the two tone look that the embossing powders givee my background. (In hindsight, I would do the clear first and then the black, as there is always some leftover and I do not want to contaminate or waste any embossing powder.)

Here is a close up of the two different embossing powders.  The Raven Sparkle has a little glitter in it which is why its one of my favorite black Embossing Powders.


I also used the same ink and Raven Sparkle Embossing Powder for my sentiment on another piece of the same green cardstock and attached it to the front of my colored panel.

I glued both the background and colored panel down on an A2 Black Card Base.  For the inside of my card I messily stamped the same Vintage Burlap stamp in the corner of a white card panel with a light green ink and a sentiment for my honey with black ink.  

Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to leave a comment for a change to win some Unity goodies at the end of my week.

Do you struggle with Masculine cards like I do?  What is your favorite Unity stamp for masculine cards?


Supplies Used

23 comments:

  1. I love this stamp and you card is amazing, love the colors you used....Great work....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card. I especially love the background!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and I love the way you used the two embossing powders on the background. I don't always think of using colored cardstock to emboss on, but I should after seeing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the details on this card! That bit of extra doodling to the left of Forrest is awesome, and the embossed piece is such a great touch. I'm sure your guy will love his birthday card 🙂 Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you did this. That background is absolutely perfect with the way you colored Forrest and I love that little bit of matching sparkle. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pairing of this background with this guy and your coloring is spot on. While I have both stamps, I never saw how well they would coordinate until you posted this card. I tend toward blues and greens for masculine cards. I don’t necessarily struggle but it’s a lot harder to find masculine images than it is to find florals and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Creative with the background! Love this masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great masculine card! I love the colors, and the background pairs beautifully with Forrest Guy. I have both stamps, but have never used them together. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. I think I need to get this stamp, I have a lot of the girls but no boys. Again, love the colors. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never used two embossing powders on the same image! What an interesting idea! I will be trying this thanks for sharing the technique! I love your card and I love making guy cards! I love Unity's trucks and cars for making guy cards.
    Vannessa Osbourn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love burlap! Love the texture it gives and of course, it's perfect for a manly card. And I seem to emboss everything! lol It just gives the right amount of sparkle. I definitely struggle with masculine cards. Honestly, I don't think any of my Unity sets are very masculine; maybe 'hey there wise guy'. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the two colors of embossing powder! I like to use the Hey Stud stamp and a Dark Side birthday sentiment stamp (only used for certain people). I also like the Candles and Cake stamp by Joslyn Nielson.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card! I've never used 2 embossing powders together but I like the look and plan to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way you colored the image! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Masculine is my nemesis! You make it look really good!
    Shannon Horch

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful masculine card.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great background and Forrest sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great masculine card. The rich greens are so inviting and I get the sense of nature and strength. Really great background border too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. FANTASTIC men's card! I really love the background and how nicely it goes with his plaid shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome card! I love the way you did your background. Can't go wrong with greens and blacks. Fabulous!!! I think this one is my favorite so far this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing card for the guys - great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great masculine card. Love your background and coloring. I have 3 sons, so I'm always looking for new guy card ideas, so thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...