Wednesday, December 30, 2020

2020 Growing in Unity Post #3

Today's card was a super fun one for me to create.  I started with an A2 white card panel and ink blended on some pink and grey inks.  Next, I took the script stamp from the (be fearless) June 2017 SMAK kit and inked with some Red ink and randomly stamped it over my background.  I also took the doily stamp fromt this kit and stamped it in a couple of place in a grey ink.


The next thing I did, I totally give credit to Whitney for showing this in a live this past week.  I used the hearts from ...don't give up and stamped them in grey ink along the top of my panel.  After cleaning off my stamp, I then using a ranger blending tool with a foam circle, I added Deco Foil Transfer Gel to the stamp in a pouncing motion and stamped it to my card panel.  I cleaned off the stamp well and repeated the process towards the bottom of my panel.  Two tips I have for this, use your finger to spread the Transfer Gel onto the foam circle and make sure you clean your stamps off right away.

I let the panel dry for a few minutes (the transfer gel does not take long for this techinique but the longer you let it set the better the results- I try to wait at least 30 mins).  While my panel was drying I cut out a variety of hearts from vellum and white scraps.  I also created my card base out of white cardstock and cut down a mat from grey card stock.

Next I stamped out the heart from Love Makes the World with Copic friendly Black ink and colored it in with a couple of Pink and Grey markers.  I used my Scan and Cut to cut it out.

Finally my panel was ready for the next step,  I used opal foil from Deco/Thermoweb and ran my panel through my laminator twice.  This was the first time I personally had tried this techinque and I love it so much I have been making many backgrounds with foil, stamps and transfer gel this week.

To complete my card, I glued the panel down to the mat and then to my card base.  I used liquid glue to attached the Copic colored heart image and many of the small die cut hearts.  For some dimension I used some foam squares to attached a few of the hearts.


Here is my attempt to show the shimmer, which does not photograph well.

I really love this techinque and thinkg this card turned out so fun.  I can't wait to send it to someone.

What techinque is new to you that you ahve recently used that you have fallen in love with?


Supplies:

Love Makes the World Stamp Set -Unity

...don't give up Stamp Set - Unity

(Be Fearless) June 2017 SMAK Kit- Unity

Black Copic Friendly Ink

Red and Grey Dye ink

Copic Markers in Pink and Grey

Opal Deco Foil Sheets

White, Grey and Vellum cardstock

Liquid Glue and Foam Squares

Laminator



25 comments:

  1. Darling card and perfect for a Valentine. However, it is the background that I love!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card, so many steps, so much layering and such a beautiful end result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, so well explained how you made it, I might have to try this

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous!! Love all the detail. Great explanation for how you made it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely foiling! You made a very rich background with the variety of stamps and media you combined. I can’t say I’ve tried any new techniques lately; I haven’t been in my craft room much in months and haven’t bought new craft items for most of this year. My MIL is just starting to make cards, so I have been reflecting on some beginner techniques I can share with her and I think she would like tone on tone stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card and think I can somewhat replicate it, even though I don't do the transfer gel or foil, but do have some texture paste. I really like the subtle layers. I am trying perfect pearls and different ways to use them. Thank you for sharing this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love mixed media style cards! This turned out sooo very pretty. This would be a great 'kindness' type card to just leave somewhere for someone to find. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card! I just got this stamp recently, so thanks for sharing your technique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card! I love how the stamp stands out against your awesome background
    Shannon Horch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty in pink card!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this image and you’ve worked with it wonderfully!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it. Put together very well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card and all the layers. The colors you used are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love all of the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful overall design! I love that opal foil!
    Vannessa Osbourn

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning--what a great image!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what an absolutely gorgeous looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very beautiful card! I love the globe in the heart. Great job on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card! So creative. Especially love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card, love all the textures. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just beautiful. Love your background, stamps, tips, and design. It's just lovely! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...