Monday, December 14, 2020

Brutus Monroe Christmas Tag Project

 This week I made a set of Christmas Tags.  I pulled out some blue card stock from my stash and used a Stitched Tag die to cut our four tags.  


First, I stamped a To:/From: stamp on the back of all four tags using Raven Detail ink.  Then, I used all of the snowflakes from the new Snow Scenes stamp set with the Alabaster Pigment ink.  I set these aside to dry (pigment ink takes a little while to dry).  Next, I took this adorable snowman from the Stamp of the Month, with some Raven Detail ink and stamped it four times on the Perfect Blend Alcohol Paper.
I used a few Copic markers to color in the hat, band, and nose for the snowman.  I used my scan and cut to cut out all four Snowman leaving a 0.04 border. I used liquid glue to attach them to my dry tags and then used Diamond Stickles to add sparkle to the hat brim and puff ball.  Once the stickles dried, I lined up my tags in my Mini Misti to stamp the Sentiment from Jolly Snowman in the corner also using Raven Detail in.  

Next, I used some scrap white paper to cut out the smallest of the Simple Snowflake dies a dozen or so times.  Using some Pearl Aqua Pigment with just a small spritz of water, I painted all the snowman bodies and all of the die cut snowflakes.  (I love using the Pearl Aqua Pigment to give shimmer and shine to my projects.). Once the snowflakes dried (It only takes a min or so), I attached 3 each to the tags, cutting off any overhang around the edges.  I looked through my ribbon stash and found some sheer ribbon,  red and white, & blue and white bakers twine, cut  a few inches off and threaded them through the hole of my tags to finish off my project.



Here is a slo-mo video trying to show you the  shimmer from the Pearl Aqua Pigment, on the snowman and snowflakes.


Thanks for stopping by.  Do you make Christmas Tags?  Leave me a comment below.

As usual, I have affiliated links to everything in the Brutus Monroe Store. (Affiliated links are at no additional cost to you, I receive small compensation which helps support me.)


1 comment:

  1. I wish I would have made tags this year! Now I know what I need to work on throughout this year!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...