Friday, January 1, 2021

2020 Growing In Unity Week Post #5

Happy New Year!  Welcome to 2021!  Best of wishes for everyone this year!

For my last post I had to create a Slim Line Card.  I stamped out a variety of Angie Girls with Copic friendly ink and colored them in with a very limited Christmas Color pallet.  Next, I looked through my dies and found a rectangle and rectangle frame set to cut out the images and framed each one with a evergreen die cut frame.  I like how this looked because they look like snapshots and one of the Angie girls is holding a camera, so I imagine this is a fun day with the girls and we are getting three glimpses into their party. (I used girls from Ember Girl, Planner Gal: Merry Doe, Planner Gal Kit: Tell Me A Story.)


Next, I looked through my pile of patterned paper, (we all have a stash we never use right or is it just me?) to find a red plaid paper and cut it down to just shy of 3.5" x 8.5" panel.  I used the camera stamp from Free Your Dream May 2017 Kit of the month with black ink all over the panel, varying the image for interest.  

You know what comes next right, I used the half Doily stamp from the Happy Little Moment Smak Kit (July 2015) at the top and bottom of my panel using the same method as I mention earlier this week.  I used my Misti and a Ranger Blending Tool with a Circle Foam and Deco Foil Transfer Gel as ink on my stamp.  I also did this for the polka dot stamp (used at an angle on the top and bottom of my panel opposite of the doily). (Polka Dot stamp from Love Life As It Is set).

I set my panel aside to dry (about 30 mins or so).  In the meantime, I used the sentiment from Ember Girl with embossing ink on a piece of vellum and then heat set some Black Embossing Powder and cut out the sentiment with a circle die.


Once my background panel was dry, I cover the two doily image with Green Foil and the polkadots wtih Opal Foil (both from Deco Foil/Thermoweb) and then ran it through my laminator twice.  I peeled back the foil and Voila!  I attached my three Angie Girls at angles down my panel and glue the panel down to my white slim line cardbase.  I then affixed my sentiment.  Finally, for some more glitz, I used Diamond Stickles to all the accents on the Angie Girl images.

Do you have a favorite project from me this week? Do you have a favorite Angie Girl?  Let me know below.  

List of supplies


20 comments:

  1. Another Beautiful card....I enjoyed your cards all week....Great work Congradulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love how you have brought these girls together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is amazing! I love everything about it! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fun card! I have enjoyed your GUI week!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic slimline card.
    Happy New Year!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! Love the slimline, looks like a Christmas photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so good! They look just like little snapshots! Great week!
    Shannon Horch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to use the 3 girls - super result!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing this week. I have a lot of foil and will use your idea of stamping with the transfer gel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love love love the planner gals. Ember is so cute, she fits right in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! An awesome way to showcase these Angie girl stamps. Thank you for sharing your craft love this week! Awesome week..!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the stamping on your patterned paper and the three girls you chose are perfect! I may have to make one of these for a few friends of mine for next Christmas! Your GIU week was awesome! Thanks for inspiring us each day!
    Vannessa Osbourn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just amazing!!! Love your background and all the Angiegirls. Great week. Thanks for the ideas and inspiration! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one is my fave this week - it is really stunning! I love slimlines. I am quite embarrassed at how much pattern paper I have. Love how you stamped on it as well as the added sparkle. Awesome week - tfs! Happy New Year to you & yours. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another great card!! I love this with the 3 girls!! I enjoyed your week. Thanks again for sharing your talent. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome slimline card! Love the images and your pretty coloring! Thanks for a great GIU week! I enjoyed your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card! I have thoroughly enjoyed your GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this slimline card idea. Gives me ideas for some of my Angie Girls. Could work with animal or other graphics. Once again thank you for sharing your creativity

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great use of the 3 stamps - so effective

    ReplyDelete

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...