Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020 Growing In Unity Week Post #4

I can't believe the week is almost over (and 2020).  I am going to end 2020 with another card featuring Diana Girl (from the Angie girls by Angie Blom).




I stared by stamping with a black Copic friendly ink and coloring up Diana with Copic Markers in the Red, Blue and Gold theme.  I used a grey marker on the bottom to ground her.  Next, I used my scan and cut to cut her out.  I used a straight blade to carefully cut a slit inside her legs and then my super pointy fussy cutting scissors to finish removing the white uncolored cardstock.

Next taking an A2 white card panel, I used a blue and red ink from my stash to ink blend a very loose background.  I didnt blend the colors together much or concentrate on making a very smooth blend as I was leaving some white to show through and I knew I would be using a background stamp as well.

I lined up my blended card panel and the Hit the Brick background stamp (a Unity Stamp Co and Brutus Monroe Collaboration) in my Mini Misti.  I first stamped the background with some black ink.  Then I wiped of my stamp and using a Ranger blending tool and foam circle, I added Deco Foil Transfergel to the stamp.  I applied the gel to the foam circle with my finger and carefully pounced the stamp over the entire background stamp, adding more transfer gel to the foam as needed.  I stamped the background and when I lifted the Misti lid the panel stuck to my stamp, (this is fine, I ran my fingers over the backside to make sure the transfer gel attached the the panel).  I carefully removed the panel and set it aside to dry. (about 30-60 mins)  Next I took a small paintbrush and carefully brushed the 
parts of my Diana stamp that I wanted to be gold (belt, necklace, tiara, boots, cuffs) and set that aside to dry.  I very quick cleaned my stamp, paintbrush and even my foam circle with some water to remove any leftover transfer gel.

I found a piece of red cardstock from my scratch paper and cut it down to just shy of 4.25" x 5.5" to be a mat for my colored panel.  I used a circle die that would fit around the sentiment from the Diana girl set and cut it out of the center of the red panel.  Using my powder bag to treat the circle, I stamped the sentiment with embossing ink (with the help of my mini Misti) and covered the sentiment in Gilded Embossing Powder from Brutus Monroe.  I set the sentiment wiht my heat tool.

Once my panel and Diana Girl were dry, I covered them with Deco Foil Gold Foil and ran them through my preheated laminator (twice).  I just love the reveal of peeling back the foil to see the final results.
I used liquid glue to attach my sentiment circle and Diana to my Brick Wall background and then that panel to my red mat.  After attaching everything to my card panel, I decided I wanted to enchance the stars on her costume.  I used a star border die from my stash to cut out the stars and attach them to the thigh and breast of Diana (where the black star stamped).  I also added a few of these white star around my sentiment.

Here is a close up of the foil, the picture does not do the shine justice. But oooh and look at the texture on the bricks.


What do you think?  Don't you just love it?  The inspiration for this card is my Aunt who is undergoing Chemotherapy this week. She is a wonderful woman and I admire her so much.  I plan on mailing this card to her right after the new year.

Supplies
Black Copic Friendly Ink
Copic Markers
Red and Blue Dye Inks with Blending Brushes
White and Red Cardstock
Embossing Ink
Gilded Embossing Powder -Brutus Monore
Deco Foil Transfer Gel
Deco Foil Gold Foil Sheets
Ranger Blending Tool and Circle Foam
Liquid Glue
Laminator
Scan and Cut/Scissors
Circle Die Cut
Big Shot Die Cutting Machine



24 comments:

  1. Terrific card!!!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card!! Thanks for the tutorial! I love this Angie girl too. Another for my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WW is awesome 👏🏼 Prayers for your aunt. May she become a thriver!🙏🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about the card, especially the background!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is definitely a showstopper! I love the gold you used all over the card, it is brilliant! I have this stamp and now I can't wait to use it! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card! Love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a 'WOW' card this is! All that gold foiling is just yummy and is perfect with your inked BG. Your coloring of her is also beautiful. Your aunt is going to love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I may need to get this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! It is really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card! Love your use of foiling on the girl and the background! Need to get me some transfer gel to try out!! Great post love all the details!
    Vannessa Osbourn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the bold colors in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a beautiful looking card! I especially love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a work of love! I love the gold accents. Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome coloring and pretty background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my favorite of the week. That background is so cool! Best wishes to your aunt!
    Shannon Horch

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card, I love all the gold details

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just stunning! Amazing background and coloring. Love this Angiegirl. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have this Angie girl stamp and the brick background. Hadn’t used them together, but I love this!! Great inspiration for me.thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita Congratulations you are one of my winners can you please email me your mailing address. Candisueia2005@gmail.com

      Delete
  19. I have this Angie girl stamp and the brick background. Hadn’t used them together, but I love this!! Great inspiration for me.thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have this Angie girl stamp and the brick background. Hadn’t used them together, but I love this!! Great inspiration for me.thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...