Monday, June 14, 2021

Shoot for the Star Slim Line Card






First, I cut a piece of black card stock to 8.5" x 3.5."  Next, I took the Shooting Star Stencil and lined it up on the bottom of my card panel.  I used the Glistening Snow Chroma Glaze and my Stencil Pal to spread the glaze over the stencil.  (Usually I used Pixie Spray to hold my stencil when using glazes but because this stencil is not as delicate as others, I just used some low tack tape to hold it in place.) One tip I have, is that I have found that if I use my Stencil Pal and I only pull the glaze in one direction, I have less bleeding under the stencil. 

Next, I carefully removed my stencil  and cleaned it off.  Then, I rotated my stencil and placed it towards the top of my card panel being careful to not touch my wet glaze.  After spreading more Glistening Snow Chroma Glaze, I again carefully removed the stencil and set my panel aside to dry overnight.  I wanted my stencil to be in two different patterns so when I turned it when placing it on my panel.  This made it look almost like a star spiral pattern.

The next day, I placed my dry panel in my splat box and sprayed it with the Pearl Shimmer Mist.  When I removed the card panel, I accidentally wiped some of the wet drops and they ended up looking like shooting stars.  I took a cloth and wiped a few more to make more "trails" for some stars.  Once the spray dried, I used an antistatic powder tool to the panel and stamped the Shoot for the Stars sentiment (from the stamp set from with the same name) with Brutus Monroe Embossing Ink.  I covered the sticky ink with Alabaster Embossing Powder and heat set it.  

My card base is made from a white heavy card stock that measures 8.5" x 7."  I scored it at 3.5" on the short side.  After folding and creasing my card base, I attached my card panel to the front of the to finish my card.

Here is a close up of some of the stars and Shimmer Spray.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...