Saturday, July 17, 2021

Oh My Gourd with Aqua Pigments from Brutus Monroe


Today I have another card featuring the Oh My Gourd! stamp set.  This time I water colored the image.  This image fills an A2 card so nicely.

I started by taking a piece of Aqua Pigment Paper.  Next, I placed some Creamy Orange Aqua Pigment on my Glass Media Mat, and
 smooshed the paper into it.  I smooshed more Orange on the paper until I was happy with the coverage.  I set the panel aside to dry overnight.  

Once the panel was dry, I lined up the pumpkin stamp in my Misti and stamped it with Raven Detail Ink. When placing my stamp,  I made sure the majority of the pumpkin would stamp over an orange section of the paper.  

Then I chose a variety of Aqua Pigments:  Red, Sparkle Yellow, Yellow Green and two limited Cider and Hunter and placed each of the aqua pigments in a well in my watercolor tray.  Using a paint brush, I started with the Sparkle Yellow and painted in my pumpkin, right over the already dry orange pigment. Next, I used the Red and painted it towards the bottom of the pumpkin.  I repeated with the Yellow, Red and a little Cider until I was happy with the color.  I used some Aqua Pigments that are no longer available, you can use what ever colors you want.  Just play around and experiment to get the colors you like.  (The Creamy Orange, Cider and Hunter are all unavailable right now, they may comeback someday but for now they are out of stock.) To acheive a creamy orange look you could combine some red and yellow with pearl, or an Orange with Pearl.
  


Then I used the Hunter at the bottom of the leaves,  the vine and stem.  I used the Sparkle Yellow for the tops of the leaves and blended it together with the Hunter using the Yellow Green Aqua Pigment.  For the flowers, I used Sparkle Yellow and some Pearl aqua Pigment.  I used my heat tool to dry my panel.  Then I used my Misti to stamp the sentiment from the Oh my Gourd set with Raven detail ink.  I used just a tiny bit of the Cider and Sparkle Yellow to add some splatter to my panel and then set that with my heat tool.

I chose a Rectangle foundation die to cut down my panel.  Then I used liquid glue to attach it to a piece of black card stock.  After trimming down the black card stock, I attached the whole thing to a Kraft A2 card base.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...