Sunday, August 1, 2021

Haunted House Slim Line Card with Brutus Monroe


 


Starting with a 8.5" x 3.5" white card panel, I placed the Simple Blends Circle stencil in the middle of my panel.  Using a blending tool, I inked the center of the stencil with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Ink and the outer part with Mustard Seed Distress Oxide Ink. Once I was happy with the blend, I removed the stencil and covered my inked Circle with the Negative from the Simple Blends Circle Stencil.  I lightly blended the edges with Antique Linen and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Inks to create a halo effect around my Moon.

Next I blended Stormy Sly and Blueprint Sketch Distress Inks to create a dark night sky.  To increase the effect, I blended a little Black Soot Distress Ink around the edge of the panel to deepen the darkness.  Next, I lightly misted the background with water and Pearl Chroma Mist to create "stars" in the sky.

While I let my ink dry into the paper, I stamped out the house from Beware Blvd on Perfect Blend Alcohol Paper with Raved Detail ink.  I let the ink dry for about a minute and then colored it in with a variety of Grey Copic Markers. I used W9, W7, W5, W3 on the house and chimney.  For the Room I used C7, C5, and C3.
For the eyes I used YR23 and W1 for the windows.  Then I used my scissors to fussy cut it out.  To clean up any edges, I used my Memento Black marker to go around the edges. I used Y06 to color in the space between the house and the pipe to match my moon.

Once my background panel was dry, I used my antistatic powder bag over the front of my panel and placed it in my Misti.  I lined up the tree from the Crafty Witch stamp set and stamped it several times with Embossing Ink.  I covered the sticky ink with Raven Sparkle Embossing Powder and set it with my heat tool.  I repeated this with the other side of my panel.

I used liquid glue to attach my haunted house to the middle of my panel.  For my sentiment I used the Enter if you Dare stamp from Beware Blvd and stamped it on vellum with Embossing ink.  I covered it with Raven Sparkle Embossing Powder and heat set it.  I cut it out with a Circle Foundation Die and used my finger to smear some liquid glue on the back to attach it to the right of my Haunted House.  Finally, I cut my panel down about 1/8" and matted it on black cardstock and then onto a 8.5" x 3.5" white cardbase.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...