Wednesday, August 10, 2022

GIU Day 3 Mini Slim Halloween Card

 

For GIU Day 3 I have a Mini Slim Line card for you.  Mini Slims are one of my favorite to create.  I started by stamping the jack-o-lantern image from the Unity Stamp Co. Hallows' Eve Tree all over the front of my 3.5" x 6.25" panel with Black pigment ink.  I covered the Black Pigment Ink with Clear embossing powder to heat set it. 

Next, I used Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide ink over the entire panel, and a little Black Soot Oxide ink over the edges.  Then I took a script stamp from the SMAK Kit Happy Little Moments (July 2015) and stamped it randomly over the entire panel with White Pigment Ink and set it aside for a bit to dry.

While I waited for the White ink to dry and fade back a bit.  I took some Orange Chroma Glaze from Brutus Monroe and spread it on a piece of packaging that I took out of the recycling and set it aside to dry as well.

Once the Chroma glaze was dry (about an hour depending on thickness), I used an older Spellbinders die to cut the pumpkin from it.    Next.  I cut my panel down to about 3" x 6" panel and wrapped a piece of black tulle around the bottom third of my panel using strong double stick tap to secure it to the back.  I took a smaller piece of tulle to tie a knot on the left and a glue dot to attach my pumpkin to the knot.  

Next, I layered the panel on a piece of black cardstock and then lined it up in my Misti to stamp my sentiment; using the same black pigment ink and clear embossing powder as my jack-o-lantern banner.  Finally, I attached the whole thing to my white card base that measures 3.25" x 6.25."



6 comments:

  1. Just a gorgeous card! I guess that time is coming to look at Halloween stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply spooktacular!! Love the tulle! Haven't used that in awhile thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo spooky cool!! Love the texture, the design, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! I love the layers and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative! I LOVE this! I love how you created your own background and used simple stamps, inks, and tulle to create an awesome card! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...