Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Brutus Monroe Stamp of the Month


I started by making my background using the Brutus Monroe Mixed Media Stencil - Joel and some pixie spray to temporalily attached it to my white A2 card panel.  I used Simon Hurley Creates Bee Sting and Slippery When Wet Inks along with some blender brushes to make a tricolor background.  I placed the background with the stencil still attached into a splat box, using a paint brush and the Aqua Pigment in the Pearl Color mixed with a very small amount of water (to thin it out) to splatter some pearl shine all over my panel.  I removed my stencil and let it dry.  

Next I stamped and colored the Turkey from the stamp of the month with Copic Markers.  I wanted my Turkey to be more neutral so I focused on a brown color scheme.  I used my Scan and Cut to cut him out and then used some more Pearl Aqua Pigment to give his top hat band some shimmer.  

After stamping the sentiment on a scrap of white paper, I used the Slippery When Wet ink to blend over the sentiment.  I trimmed it down to a rectangle and popped it up on my card panel with some foam tape. I trimmed my card panel and attached it to my white A2 card base.  Finally, using some liquid glue, I attached my Turkey and some confetti pieces from my stash.



Copics Used:  Turkey Body: E89, E87
Feathers: E43, E42 and E44, E55, E53 
Eyes: B23, B24.  
Feet/Beak: YR15 
Waddle: R29
Hat: C7, C5, C3 
HatBand: V12, V15, V04

LIST OF PRODUCTS (AFFILIATED LINKS-helps to pay for my blog, youtube, instagram at no extra cost to you).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...