Saturday, October 3, 2020

Happy World Cardmaking Day!

 

Today's card features several products from Brutus Monroe.  I LOVE HALLOWEEN.  My eldest was born in October and she could celebrate Halloween EVERY day.  Fall is one of my favorite time of year and one of the reason I feel blessed to grow up and live in the Midwest.  I mean:  colorful leaves, pumpkins, sweaters and jeans, coffee on a crispy or cool evening.  What is not to love and once it freezes....NO BUGS.  😂

Anyhoo back to my card.  I made a slim line card.  I used the Trick or Treat stamp set and stamped out my images on alcohol friendly paper with Raven Detail Ink.  Then I used quite a few colors in the Aqua pigment line to paint my images.  (I'm sorry but I forgot to keep track which specific colors I used).  After they dried, I fussy cut them out (thank you very much Cassie for turning me into a fussy cutter - 😅)

I used some heavy weight black cardstock cut down to about 3.25" x 8.25", the Brutus Monroe embossing powder and a sponge dauber, I inked all over the Spooky Eyes slim line stencil.  I wanted some extra sparkle to my card, so I used the Raven Sparkle Embossing Powder and my heat tool to give my background a spooky look.  

Next using a rectangle die from my stash I cut down three pieces of patterned paper.  The bats and tombstones are from the 6X6 Haunted Mansion paper collection and the pumpkin paper is from the Pumpkin Spice 6x6 collection.  I spaced the three rectangles evenly across my Spooky Eyes background and then attached my images on top of each coordinating paper with liquid glue. (I only added glue to back of the bat's body so the wings are free and slightly curved up.) I scattered some black sequins across the front of my panels before attaching the whole thing to a heavyweight gray card base. I decided not to put a sentiment on the outside but only on the inside of my card (stamped with embossing ink for a watermark look).  I chose the Trick or Treat and has the witch hat, both from the same stamp set.


Here is a close up of the sparkle from the Raven Sparkle Embossing Powder and a little that is on the images from the Pearl Aqua pigment that I lightly covered all my images with.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy October!

Here is some direct links to the products I used on this card all from Brutus Monroe.  (These are affiliated links that do not have any extra cost to you.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...