Monday, October 19, 2020

Brutus Monroe October 2020 Stencil of the Month Gatefold Card

 

This week I made a gatefold card using the Stencil of the Month from Brutus Monroe.  Using Pixie Spray from Thermoweb, I temporarily attached half my stencil on a piece of white card stock and using some blender brushes with Bee Sting and Triple Berry Ink from Simon Hurley Creates, to create a beautiful blend.  I used the Bee Sting over the entire panel and concentrated with the Triple Berry in the center.  I repeated this with a second piece of card stock.  I made an A2 card base with 110 lb. white card stock, scoring at 2.5 on both ends to create the gatefold card style.  Next I used liquid glue to attach my two stencil/blended card pieces to each half of my card front.  I carefully lined up the image of the stencil to mirror each other and used my scissors to trim off any extra.


I found a scrap piece of vellum that I cut down to 1.75 inches and folded it around my card base to form my belly band.  Using my foundation square dies, I chose the square that was slightly larger than the band and cut it out of a scrap piece of red glitter cardstock and also from a piece of white.  Using liquid glue to attach the red glitter piece to the front of my belly band and then attaching the white piece to the back of the red glitter piece to give a smooth look and create some stability to my band.  Next I stamped my Jolly Snowman on some Perfect blend paper with Raven Detail ink and colored it in with a few Copic markers.  Then I fussy cut it out, used my memento black marker on the edges and some liquid glue to attach to the red glitter square.   I stamped the Merry Christmas from the same stamp set with Bee Sting ink on the right of the vellum band and added some clear stickles to the snowman to add some sparkle.


Finally, I pulled another sentiment from my stash and stamped it inside the card with Bee Sting ink and the sparkle stamps (also from my stash) in Triple Berry.


Thanks for stopping by I hope you enjoyed my card.  Have a great week and stop by tomorrow for a Christmas Card I made using a collaboration between Brutus Monroe and Deco Foil (Thermoweb).

Links below are affiliated that help support me with no additional cost to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...