Monday, October 5, 2020

Peek A Boo Card using Brutus Monroe Products

 Happy Monday!  This week the Brutus Monroe Design Team focused on making a Child Friendly project.  Today I made a peek a boo card using Jennifer McGuire's method.  You can watch how she assembled it here.  I am excited to send this card to my niece, and now I need to make a fun card for her brother too.

I used a variety of Brutus Monroe products and a couple of items from my stash to make this card.  The first thing I did was to stamp out a bunch of the pumpkins from Pumpkin Faces stamp set  (with Raven Detail Ink and my Misti) on alcohol marker friendly paper, Brutus Monroe's Perfect Blend Cardstock.  It blends Copic and inks beautifully.  Next, I cut all three of the card bases while following Jennifer's instructions.  The front piece is 4-1/4" x 8-1/4" scored at 2-3/4." The back piece is 4-1/4" x 5-3/4" scored at 5-1/2." The inside piece is 4-1/4" x 8-1/2" scored at 4-1/4." I then folded and re enforced each score line with a bone folder.

Next, I used fourth smallest Circle Foundation Die to cut out my circles in the front and folded inside piece making sure they would line up properly when assembled.  I cut out two pieces of patterned paper from the Pumpkin Spice Collection Paper Pad.  The polkadot piece covered the inside of my card and I had to cut out the circle to match as well.  The zigzag "stripe" piece is 2" wide and since it is on the front of my card and it overlapped my opening, I needed to cut a small piece out it to fit over the opening with the same circle die.

I used several Copic markers to color all of my pumpkins in a orange, white and green, fussy cut them out with my Brutus Monroe Scissors and used my memento marker to go over the edges of all my cut out images.  I also had stamped out one pumpkin separately and used the next size up of the Circle Foundation Dies to cut it out.  I also used that same die to cut a piece of orange paper (from my scrap paper bin).  For my card front I chose a brown piece of paper (also from my scrap bin) and ran it through my big shot with a leaf embossing folder.  Then, I cut out the portion that would cover my circle cut out and used liquid glue to attach it and my 2" patterned paper piece to my card base, lining up my circle openings. 

I lined up my stamped and colored pumpkins on the front of my card and once they were where I liked them, I glued them down with liquid glue.  Next, I chose the pumpkin I wanted to show on the peek a boo element, and using the Brutus Monroe Embossing Ink, I stamped a jack o lantern face on the pumpkin, sprinkled it with Raven Sparkle Embossing Powder and melted it with my heat tool.  I also colored the pumpkin (that I left on the die cut circle) with Copics and chose a green to color around the pumpkin.

I assembled the card via Jennifer's Instructions, (please click here if you want to see how). Her video also shows how to attached the pumpkin in the circle which is the image you see when you have the card closed.  I attached the smiling jack o lantern to the peek a boo piece.  Finally, I stamped my sentiment on a matching piece of brown card stock.  The sentiment came from Whistling Windmills and says "You make me smile" and attached it to the inside of my card.


Here is the inside peek a boo card with the Jack O Lantern face showing.


Here is a quick clip of how the card looks when closed and open.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...