Monday, February 15, 2021

Valentine Cards with Brutus Monore

 

For my card today, I started by placing some media paste on two different piles on my glass mat and I mixed in Cherry Aqua Pigment into one pile and Fuschia into another pile and mixed them until I got the colors I wanted.  Next, I took a piece of paper and smooshed it into the two different colored paste until I was happy.  (I didn't leave any behind. I made several backgrounds with as much paste as there was left on my mat until it was all gone.) Then I left the backgrounds to dry overnight and cleaned up the left over residue from my mat, palette knife.

I ran my dried background with a stitched rectangle die from my stash.  Next I ran some red scrap paper through my Big Shot twice with one of the border dies from Lace Borders Cutting Die Set.  I also cut one layer from Prom Night Glamour Gloss Cardstock and glued them all together to create a thick die for texture.  I also did the same thing to the Love die from With Love and White cardstock three times.  I attached both stacked die cuts to the front of my card panel.  I used liquid glue to attach my card panel to a pink A2 card base.  To finish off my card, I used a small heart die from my stash to cut more hearts from leftovers of my Prom Night Glamour Gloss and glued them around my die sentiment.

For this project I started with an aqua pigment smooshed background.  Then I used the Flower Burst Stencil and an ink blending tool to pounce the Alabaster Pigment ink all over the front of my panel.  I set it aside to dry and in the meantime I cut a heart makeshift stencil from acetate with a die from my stash.  Once the inked panel was dry, I used a palette knife to spread the Bubble Gum Chroma Glaze and Some Happy Heather Velveteen glaze over the center of my card panel (through my makeshift stencil).  I scooped a little of each glaze onto my Stencil pal and then spread them together to create a mix.  Before the glaze was completely dry I pressed my Glamour Gloss Prom Night Heart from the Heart Petals Die Cut into the center of the heart and put the whole thing aside to dry overnight.

Once my panel was completely dry, I put it in my spatter blox and splattered both white acrylic paint and Aubergine Surface spray over it for some more pattern.  I cut the panel down with a stitched rectangle die from my stash and attached it to an A2 white card panel.  I used some white cardstock and cut out three of the Love word die from With Love die set and stacked them together with liquid glue.  I attached the stacked die to the front of my card along with a few white small hearts.

Did you make any valentines this year?  What is your favorite die or stamp set to use for Valentines?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...