Monday, March 8, 2021

Brutus Monroe March Inspiration Box Homegrown Happiness

 



I started my card by cutting down a piece of white cardstock to 3.5" x 8.5."  Then using my Misti stamping tool and Raven Detail ink, I stamped out several of the flowers and leaves from the Homegrown Happiness Stamp set onto masking paper.  I fussy cut out all my masks, when I cut my masks I try to cut just inside the lines of my stamped image or right up to the outside edge.
Next I layed the stamps out on my card panel just to see where everything fit and took a picture with my phone for reference.
I started with the images I wanted in the front, stamped them with Raven Detail ink and then covered them with the appropriate masks.  I continued this step until I had all the flowers I wanted stamped and masked.  Next I did the same thing with the various leaves and stems.  If I was short a mask, I quickly made another until all the pieces (except the stems were covered with a mask.)

For the background, I used a blending tool and Clear Skies Ink from Simon Hurley Creates to ink the entire background.  I carefully removed the masks and stuck them to the acetate with my stamp set so I can use them in the future.  I checked the edges and anywhere the mask left a white spot on the outside of the images, I carefully used some watered down Clear Skies ink with a paintbrush to fill in and give some details, texture to the blue background.

My next step was to color in all the flowers, stems and leaves with Copic Markers.  I used the following markers for my coloring:
Yellow Flowers: Y08, Y35, & YR16
Pink Flowers: RV02, RV23, & RV 55
Purple Flowers: V25, BV02 & BV31
Flower Centers: darkest of flower color and E23
The Stems and Leaves: YG63, YG67, YG67 & G43

I used my Misti to stamp my sentiment from the same set in Raven detail ink right in the center above my flowers.  Then I used some shimmer spray from my stash and lightly misted the air and ran my card panel through the mist to give just a hint of sparkle.  I cut down the top and bottom of the panel and used liquid glue to attach it to my 3.5"x8.5" Black Slim Line Card Base to finish it off.

Here are the links (affliated which I receive a small compensation but it is at no additional cost to you) to the products I used from the Brutus Monroe Store:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...