Thursday, March 25, 2021

Brutus Monroe & Dare 2B Artzy Collaboration Project

 

When looking at the Dare 2 Be Artzy website to decide what sets I wanted to work with I just HAD to have the ReWrite the Stars set.  I love musicals and The Greatest Showman but one of my all time favorite songs is Pink's Million Dreams.  

To start my project I took a A2 card Panel and rubbed my antistatic bag all over it.  I took the Aerialist stamp and the stars and stamped them all over using the Brutus Monroe Embossing ink, and covered them with the Brutus Monroe Alabaster Embossing powder.  After I heat set the powder, I used a blending brush to cover the panel in Gubby and Game Over ink by Simon Hurley Creates.  I love how the two colors mix to create the orange.  I had the idea that these colors represent the big top of the circus.

Next I took the Hills Stencil and the Poppy Glitter Paste both from Brutus Monroe to cover part of the card front, being careful to not go over the edges of the stencil.  I set the card panel aside to dry.  Next I stamped the Sentiment from the Rewrite the Stars set and stamped it in the Game Over ink and covered it with the Alabaster Sparkle Embossing Powder.  After I heat set it, I noticed I did not have the entire sentiment covered, but I liked the two toned look.  I used my blending brush to ink the sentiment panel with Guppy Ink.  I used a couple of stitched dies from my stash to cut out the sentiment and the dry card panel.

Finally I used liquid glue to attach the sentiment to my card panel and my card panel to my white A2 Card base.


Products used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...