Saturday, March 20, 2021

Collaboration with Crafty Meraki

 


Today's post is a Collaboration between Brutus Monore and Crafty Meraki.  I was lucky enough to receive the You are Incredible stamp set from Crafty Meraki to work with.  I will be honest I do not use flowers and water coloring images very often because I am not comfortable with it yet.  However, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and go for it.  I started by stamping the large floral image from the stamp set onto watercolor paper with Brutus Monroe Embossing Ink, covering the sticky ink with Gilded Sparkle Embossing Powder (also from Brutus Monroe), and heat set it. 

I chose three colors of Brutus Monroe Aqua Pigments.  I used the Creamy Green and Yellow Green for the leaves and the Coral for the flowers.  My first step was to lightly paint all of the images and let it bleed over the sides of the image to give it a loose or messy watercoloring feel.  I let that dry and then proceeded to go in with another more detailed layer with the Creamy Green and Coral.  After that layer was dry, I added some of the Yellow Green to the leaves to deepen and give some shading.  I also added more Coral to the flower petals using some clean water to blend it out until I was happy with the colors and set it aside to dry completely.

Once dry, I put the panel in my splat box and covered the whole panel with splatters from all three colors.  I also grabbed the Gilded Aqua Pigment to add some gold splatters.  I decided to fussy cut out the entire image.  I tried several slimline card bases in a couple of colors and realizing I was out of cream cardstock, I chose a kraft base.  My card base measures 8.5 x 3.5.  

I wanted more shimmer and shine so I pulled out my Slim line stencils from Brutus Monore and flipped through them all to decide to use the Bamboo stencil.  I placed that down on my card base, taping the top and bottom of the stencil in place with low tack tape.  I generously applied the Brutus Monroe Embossing ink to the sides of the cardbase and through the stencil.  I then poured more Gilded Sparkle Embossing powder over the ink and heat set it.  I also did this to a scrap of kraft paper to the LOVE sentiment from the Crafty Meraki Stamp set.

I used foam tape to attach the floral panel to the front of my Gilded Stenciled base and liquid glue to attach some glitter sequins and my sentiment.

I hope you enjoyed my card.  Do you water color?  What techinque makes you uncomfortable?

Here is a list of products used that you can find in the Brutus Monroe Store:

Here is a link the the stamp set from Crafty Meraki:  You Are Incredible Stamp Set


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...