Thursday, April 1, 2021

Brutus Monroe April Inspiration Box Birthday Card (Glow in the dark)



The April Inspiration Box has these adorable party Dinosaurs that just screamed Comic strip to me.

I started by coloring my images with a variety of Copic markers.  I wanted a rainbow effect so I chose two colors and did some simple shading on each image.  Next, I fussy cut each image out including the sentiment that I wanted.
I used Phonebook cardstock and cut it four times from the window panel die from my stash.  I used liquid glue to attached them together for some dimension.  I also cut hte die from some white cardstock and just used the "windows"  
I used some purple tape to temporarily attached the white window pieces to the back of the Slmline Lily Pad stencil.  Using Clear Skies ink and a blending brush, to lightly ink up the windows and then I used the Glow In The Dark Glitter Paste with a rubber spatula over the stencil as well.  (You ended up not seeing the blue ink, so I could have skipped that step.)  

I carefully peeled each piece of the stencil and wiped down any edges that had extra glaze and then set them aside to dry. Next I used liquid glue to attached the yellow frame to my A2 White card base being careful to place the balloons, under the one section.  Once my Window panels were dry I used liquid glue to attached them their appropriate squares.  Because of the glitter glaze texture, I used liquid glue to affix all of the colored images and placed an acrylic block on top to hold them down until they all dried to the front.  I used some foam dots to attach my sentiment to the middle of my card.
Here is a picture of the glow in the dark glitter paste.

Here is the list of products you can by in the Brutus Monroe Store:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...