Monday, April 5, 2021

Maker Forte Release One Layer Flower/Birthday Card

 

My card today is a very fun and simple one layer card.  Starting with an A2 white card base, scored, folded and placed in my Original Misti.  I love the flower image from the Beautiful Night Garden Stamp (designed by Alex Syberia).  I choose an Orange and Redish/Pink ink to spot ink up this image. Spot inking, is what I call inking my stamp several times, overlapping colors. Actually, I like to repeat this step until I am happy with the mix and saturation of the two colors. 

Next, I removed the card from my Misti. Using the same Redish/Pink ink, I stamped the Red rubber Splatter 2 background stamp, I over the entire background.  However, I did not use an acrylic block or my Misti, which gave a more organic and imperfect look the the splatter look.

For a focal image, I chose the new Flower Cluster stamp (designed by Varada Sharma), placed it and my card base back in my Misti.  First, I treated the card base with an anti-static tool. Then, I stamped the Flower Cluster and my Sentiment (chosen from Alex Syberia's Flower Background with Sentiment Set) with the Color Hive Clear Embossing Glue Ink Pad. Thirdly, I covered them both with a Black Embossing Powder from my stash.  Finally, I heat set the embossing powder and my card was finished.

I hope you enjoyed my first Maker Forte post and card as a member of the Design team.  Below is a list of items I used that you can purchase in the Maker Forte store.  (all are affilated links with no additional cost to you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...