Saturday, October 23, 2021

Brutus Monroe Oh My Gourd Aqua Pigment Shaker Card




I started with a piece of Black Watercolor paper and some White and Pearl Aqua Pigments on my glass mat.  I sprayed the Aqua Pigments with a little water and then pressed my watercolor paper into it.  I kept ink smooshing my paper and drying in between until I was happy with my pattern.  Next I used the Oh my Gourd die and ran my panel through my die cut machine, keeping the negative for my card and putting the die cut aside for now.

Then, I cut about 6 -8 more of the negative panels with the die from white scrap cardstock and glued them all together.  I used some strong double sided tape to the back of my black die cut panel and attached a piece of acetate to the panel.  Then I used more strong double sided tape to the front stacked white die cut pieces.   I flipped over the stacked panels with the negative or frame.  I temporarily placed the Oh my Gourd die cut into the center of the negative stacked piece. After spreading liquid glue all over the Oh my Gourd die cut piece and carefully lined up my A2 Card base on top.  After gently flipping it over, I removed the negative/frame piece and pressed the Oh my Gourd die cut piece in place.  



Then I added some glitter and sequins to the center of my card panel, right in the center of the Gourd.  Then I added more double stick tape and some liquid glue to the negative/frame piece.  I attached it to the front of my  card base creating a shaker card.  Then I took a piece of white cardstock and stamped the hell Gourd-Geous sentiment with Raven Detail ink and cut it out with a banner die.  I attached the sentiment to the front of the panel to finish the card.

Here is a list of the products used that are available in the Brutus Monroe store, like always these affliated links do not cost you anything extra, however they help support me to bring you new content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...