Sunday, October 17, 2021

Brutus Monroe Spooky Kids (6 cards)





Today I have 6 cards to share with you from the Spooky Kids Stamps and Coordinating Die set from Brutus Monroe.  Each card also features a different stencil and glaze also from Brutus Monroe. 


VAMPIRE

I started with Raven Cover Cardstock cut down to 4.25" x 5.5". I used some low tack tape to attach the Batty Stencil to my cardstock.  Using a silicone spatula, I spread some of the Night Sky Velveteen Glaze in the upper corner of the stencil and covered just part of it.  I only wanted a small pattern of the bats for this card.  I set the panel aside to dry.  Once it was dry I used the second largest Rectangle Foundation die to cut it out.  I used another Rectangle die from my stash to cut out a mat layer from Scarlet Cover Cardstock.  I used my embossing bag to treat the Scarlet cardstock and stamped the sentiment from Spooky Sentiments with Brutus Monroe Embossing Ink, in the center.  I covered the sticky ink with Raven Embossing Powder and heat set it.  I used a banner die from my stash to cut out the sentiment.   (Using the middle of the mat paper for my sentiment saves on paper and once I mat the Black card panel on the top, no one will ever know that I cut out a piece from the Scarlet mat.)  I stamped the Vampire from the Spooky Kids stamp set with Raven Detail ink on some Perfect Blend Alcohol Paper.  Then I colored him in with a variety of Copic markers and cut him out with the Coordinating Die.  I used liquid glue to put my card panel together with the Image, sentiment and mat.  My cardbase is made from Raven Cardstock and is standard A2 size.  For the inside of the card, I placed another piece of Scarlet cardstock, and stamped a Happy Halloween sentiment with Raven detail ink.



GHOST
I started with Raven Cover Cardstock cut down to 4.25" x 5.5". I used some low tack tape to attach the Hoiden Stencil to my cardstock. I carefully covered just the stencil with Glow in the Dark Chromas Glaze, making sure not to go outside the edges of the stencil (this is a circular stencil). I set this panel aside to dry.  Once it was dry I cut it with the second largest Rectangle Fondation Die and my mat was cut with a large Rectangle die from my stash and a green piece of paper from my scrap bin.  I used my powder tool on the green mat and stamped the sentiment from Spooky kids with Brutus Monroe Embossing ink.  After covering with Raven Embossing Powder, I heat set it and cut it out with a rectangle die.  I stamped the Ghost from Spooky Kids with Raven Detail ink on Perfect Blend Alcohol Paper and colored him in with Copic markers. After I used the coordinating die to cut him out, I used liquid glue to attach my sentiment and image to the front of my panel.  Then I attached the panel to the green amat.  To finish my card,  I chose a white A2 Card base and used liquid glue to attach my matted panel.





ZOMBIE
 I started with Raven Cover Cardstock cut down to 4.25" x 5.5". I used some low tack tape to attach the Slim Line Ripple Stencil to my cardstock at an angle. I covered the edges of my stencil with low tack tape to protect the card panel. Using a Silicone spatula, I spread some Lima Bean Velveteen Glaze across the entire stencil.  (My mind saw this stencil as a brain pattern, which I thought would fit nicely with the zombie.) While the panel was drying, I stamped my image with Raven Detail ink on some Perfect Blend Alcohol Paper,colored it in with Copics, and cut it out with its coordinating die.  Next, I cut down a green piece of paper with a rectangle die from my stash.  I treated the paper with my embossing bag and after stamping my sentiment from Spooky Sentiments with Brutus Monroe Embossing Ink, I covered it with Raven Embossing powder, heat set it and cut it out with a die from my stash.  Once my panel was dry, I used the second largest of the Rectangle Foundation dies to cut it out and mat it on my Green piece.  I used liquid glue to attach my zombie and sentiment to the front of my stenciled panel.  I attached the entire thing to a Raven A2 card base.  Inside I included another piece of green paper with a Happy Halloween Sentiment stamped on it.



WITCH
Taking a piece of white cardstock I attached the Random Dots Stencil with low tack tape.  I took some Marmalade and Amethyst Glitter Glaze and spread each color on a different side.  Then I carefully combined the colors in the middle.  I set the panel aside to dry and worked on my image.  The Spooky Kids witch was stamped on Perfect Blend Alcohol paper with Raven Detail ink and colored in with Copic markers.  I used the Coordinating die to cut her out.  Next, I looked through my scrap bin and found a light purple piece of patterned paper and cut it out with a rectangle die from my stash.  I cut a circle out of the center of the purple panel.  After treating the circle with my embossing bag, I stamped the sentiment from the set with Embossing Ink and covered it with Alabaster Embossing powder.  After heat setting it, I attached it to the front of my card panel along with my colored witch with liquid glue.  Then I glued the panel to my purple mat and then glued the whole thing to the front of my landscaped A2 white card base.



FRANKIE
I started with Raven Cover Cardstock cut down to 4.25" x 5.5". I used some low tack tape to attach the Slim Line Pathway Stencil to my cardstock. I covered the right edge of my card panel with low tack tape to protect it from my glaze.  I used a silicone spatula to spread the Purple Galaxy Glaze over the stencil.  Once I removed the stencil, I sprinkled some Fallen Snow Glitter over parts of the wet glaze for some sparkle and set the panel aside to dry. Next, I stamped the zombie image on some Perfect Blend Alcohol Paper with Raven Detail ink, I colored it in with Copic markers and cut it out with the coordinating die.  Using a scrap piece of purple paper cut down with a Rectangle die from my stash, I stamped my sentiment from the set with Embossing ink.  I sprinkled it with Alabaster Embossing Powder and heat set it.  Then I used a rectangle die to cut it out of the center of my mat.  Once.my Galaxy glaze panel was dry, I used the second largest Rectangle Foundation die to trim it down and attach it to my purple mat.  I used liquid glue to attach my sentiment and Frankie to the front of my panel.  Then I attached the entire thing to a white A2 card base.



PUMPKIN
I started with a piece of white cardstock cut down to 4.25" x 5.5". I used some low tack tape to attach the Kramer Stencil to my cardstock.  I used a silicone spatula to spread some Lima Bean Velveteen Glaze over the entire panel and then set it aside to dry.  One it was dry, I cut it out with the second largest Rectangle Foundation die.  I matted the panel on a piece of orange with white polkadot paper from my scrap bin.  This patterned paper was cut down to a mat side with another rectangle die from my stash.  Before I attached the panel to the patterned paper, I cut out a rectangle from the center with a die from my stash.  I treated this rectangle with my antistatic bag and stamped my sentiment with Brutus Monroe Embossing Ink.  I covered the ink with Raven Embossing Powder and heat set it.  I attached the Pumpkin girl and sentiment to the front of my matted Velveteen panel with liquid glue.  Then I attached the entire thing to my white A2 card base.






List of Products Used (available in the Brutus Monroe Store):  Affliated links are not at any additional cost to you, however, they help support me to bring you new content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...