Saturday, October 2, 2021

Stocking Shaped Card with Brutus Monroe

I started by taking an A2 card base and placing the solid outline of the Stocking Die with the left edge hanging over the fold of my cardbase and running it through my Big Shot.  Then I ran it through again with a piece of white cardstock and attached it to my stocking Cardbase.  This covers up the unfinished edge along the fold on my card base.



Taking a piece of white cardstock I sprayed the entire piece with Candy Apple Chroma Mist and Pearl Shimmer Mist and then set it aside to dry.  Once it was dry I ran the piece through my Big Shot with the Decorative (inside) Stocking Die and removed all the inside pieces.  Then I took another scrap piece of white cardstock and ran the Decorative (Inside) piece with just the top "cuff" part of the die.  Then I punched out the holes.  Using a paintbrush I covered the "cuff" piece with Pearl Aqua Pigment.  After about 10 mins of drying time, I trimmed the bottom edge of the cuff with my scissors to match the top edge of the die.  Then I used liquid glue to attach it to the Candy Apple/Pearl stocking piece.

For the backer of the stocking, I ran the outline die through with a piece of dark green cardstock scrap.  Using liquid glue to attach it to the Green outline piece to my cardbase.  Then I attached the Candy Apple/Pearl stocking piece.  Using some clear jewels and tiny green gems, I used some liquid glue to attach them to each of the circles on the Cuff part of the stock.  For a sentiment I used a Christmas Wishes die from my stash and die cut some Silver Mirror card scrap and attached it with liquid glue.  For a finishing touch, I used liquid glue to attach another of the tiny green gems to the "i' in Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...