Friday, October 1, 2021

Got Brains? Halloween Card with Brutus Monore

Today's card was inspired by one of my favorite TV shows. I started by stamping the adorable Zombie from Spooky Kids with Raven Detail ink on Perfect Blend Alcohol Paper.  Then I colored him in with some Copic Markers.  I used the coordinating die to cut out the image and then I cut 4 more zombies out of white scatch paper and glued them all together.  This builds dimension behind my colored image.

My cardbase is made from Raven Cardstock and is an side folding A2 card. I placed it in my splat box and splattered some Pearl Shimmer Spray.  Next a peice of gray cardstock and stamped it with a woodgrain stamp from my stash with Woof! ink from Simon Hurley Creates.  Then I cut it out twice with the Woodland Forest Die.  

For my zombie herd, I cut several from black cardstock scraps.  I used a blending tool and Pumice Stone Distress Oxide ink on each of the zombies to give a little shadow to each diecut.  Once my background was dry, I layed the black zombie die cuts and once I was happy with the placement, I used some press n seal to pull my zombies up all together.  I flipped the press n seal over and used liquid glue to attach all the zombie together.  Then I covered the entire herd with liquid glue and flipped it over on top of my background.  Then I carefully removed the press and seal, which helped my place the zombie right where I wanted them.

Then I used some glue to attach my Woodland Forest Die Cuts on top of my zombie herd.  Next, I cut off any overhang.  For a sentiment I grabbed an older stamp set and stamped the Got Brains? with Raven Detail ink on a scrap of Perfect Blend Alcohol paper and used my trimmer to cut it down.

Finally, I used more liquid glue to attach my colored Zombie to the lower right corner of my card. Because of the dimension, I used an acrylic block to hold him in place until the glue dried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...