Friday, August 12, 2022

GIU Day 5 May the Joys of the Season by Yours

For my last day as a GIU girl, I had to make a Christmas Card.  Purple is my favorite color so I thought I would just play and see what happened.

I started with a piece of light purple paper from my stash and ink blended on Wilted Violet and Villainous Potion Oxide inks.  Next, I took the snowflakes from the Beauty of Life SMAK (11/19) kit and stamped them in Villainous Potion in a random pattern all over my card front.  Then I covered the snowflakes with Icicle Embossing Ink.  
Because oxide inks take a little bit to dry, the embossing ink stuck not only to the snowflakes but to portions of my panel.  I was okay with that as I heat set it, it made it feel like there was icy or frosty patches on my card.
Here you can see the shine on the snowflakes and on the frosty/icy patches on my card.

Then, I took a star stencil from my stash and in the upper and lower corners, I covered the stencil with Opal Chroma Glaze from Brutus Monroe and set my panel aside to dry.

Next, I took another piece of the light purple cardstock and cut it out with a tag die from my stash.  I  stamped the sentiment from Ember Girl in the Villainous Potion and ink blended the same two purple inks around the edges and once again used the Opal Chroma glaze and star stencil.

Once everything was dry, I cut the panel down with a double stitched rectangle from my stash and added the tag to the front. I chose a purple and white ribbon from my stash, tied them in a knot.  To add the ribbon to my card, I used a glue dot.  Then I attached the panel to my white A2 card base.

I hope you enjoyed my week showcasing some of the Unity Products.  Head over to Unity Stamp Co. Website and pick up some goodies for yourself.

 

6 comments:

  1. My favorite color as well!! Love how this turned out and I think I need to get started on my Christmas cards now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card! I've really enjoyed your week! I hope you post in the Unity Show and Tell more in the future so we can see your lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my favorite color as well! Love all the gorgeous shine and the overall design of this beauty! Great way to end your inspiring week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous in purple! Love this! Thanks for a great week of inspiration! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Purple on a Christmas card is stunning! Thank you for sharing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Live this purple Christmas card! 💜

    ReplyDelete

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...