Monday, October 26, 2020

Coffee Helps! Stamp of the Month- Interactive Card


 Today's card is a fun one I think.  It features the stamp of the month from Brutus Monroe and it is this adorable Unicorn in a coffee cup.  I thought it would be fun to make a card that is represented by how I feel both when I do not start my day with Coffee and when I have had too much coffee.

This is a spinner card.  The Unicorn is affixed to the blue circle but that is loose and can wiggle and rotate/spin in a circle.  Here is a quick video of the card in action (its a little wonky since I was filming one handed).


I started by stamping the Unicorn stamp on some Perfect Blend paper with Raven Detail ink and coloring it in with Copic Markers and then fussy cut it out, including carefully in the handle of the cup.  I used a black marker to "edge" the cut out so to mask any imperfections in my cutting.

Next I took the Mixed Media Stencil - Gill and temporarily affixed it to my white card stock with Pixie Spray and using blender brushes and Simon Hurley's Triple Berry ink.  I then used the 2nd largest of the Circle Foundation Dies to cut out the inked background.   I cleaned off my stencil and then attached it to another white piece and used some blue ink from my stash to ink it up again and then used the 2.75" circle from same dies and cut out this panel.  I wanted the panels to "match" but when spins it gets all messed up like the circles had too much caffeine or needs some coffee to function.   

I used liquid glue to attached the Unicorn to the front of the blue circle.  I decided before I would play with the mechanism to make it spin, I would create my background. I took the coffee beans from the stamp set and after using my embossing bag over the entire white A2 panel, I stamped them in random spots with the Brutus Monroe Embossing Ink and covered them with Alabaster Embossing Powder.  After I heat set the powder, I used the same blue ink from before to ink my panel concentrating on the areas that will show.  Then I wiped off the excess ink that was on top of my embossed coffee beans, with a soft cloth.

The spinning mechanism is a little hard to explain.  Basically, I attached a foam square to both sides of a plastic bingo piece and then attached one side to the back of my blue circle (with the unicorn-the item I want to spin).  I then used .75" circle to cut the center out of my pink stenciled background.  I placed the bingo chip in the cutout and attached it to another circle (this time cut out of the 1.75" die).  This attaches my two circles together and my front one can wiggle and spin freely.  I used foam dots around the back of the pink stenciled circle, being careful to keep them away from the white circle that is attached to bingo piece.  I then affixed the whole thing to the front of my coffee bean panel.  I used liquid glue to attach the whole thing to my A2 card base.  Lastly, I ink blended a small white piece of scrap card stock with the same Triple Berry Ink and let it dry for a bit.  Once the ink was set I stamped the sentiment with the same Embossing Ink and Powder.  I heat set it and cut it down to attach to the bottom corner of my card.

Thank you for stopping by and have a great week.


Products used are listed below (affiliated links -no cost to you but they help support my page.) are from Brutus Monroe unless otherwise listed:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...