Monday, November 16, 2020

Brutus Monroe Stamp of the Month for November

 



I used the stamp of the Month with the Raven Detail Ink and stamped it out twice on the Perfect Blend Alcohol Marker Cardstock.  I also stamped the fire from S'more Coffee the same way.  I colored all of three of these images in with a variety of Copic Markers and fussy cut them out with my Brutus Monroe Detail Scissors. I used a black marker to go over the edge of my cut out images, which hides any imperfections during the fussy cutting process. I also used my black gel pen to go over the eyes of the bears (and made a second "open eye" on dad to make their faces look alive.

Next I cut down my white card base to 7" x 8.5" (scored and folded at 3.5" and set it aside for now) and used the leftover piece for my card front which I cut down to 3.5" x 8.5".   Using two blue Distress Oxide inks (Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire-I believe), I used my Ranger blending foams to create a night sky not blending all the way to the bottom since I would be covering that up.  Next I used just a touch of Black Soot Distress Oxide ink to bring in a little bit of darkness around the edges of my night sky.  I placed this background in my splat box and used some Pearl Aqua Pigments (which I watered down on my glass mat) to flick some "stars" on the background.  I also used a little bit of watered down white watercolor to flick on some more stars.

Next I looked through my scrap bit to find some green cardstock and used some dies in my stash to cut out some hills and trees for my scene.  I also found a set of very small star and moon dies from my stash and cut them out from white cardstock that I had painted with Pearl Aqua Pigment (and a wee bit of Yellow Sparkle Aqua Pigment).  I attached all of my diecuts to my card with liquid glue and then arranged my little bear and his dad around the cozy fire.  I used some of the Yellow Sparkle Aqua Pigment to add some sparkle to the fire and I also used just a bit of the Yellow Sparkle in the area of the sky before I attached the moon.

I left the panel to fully dry overnight, and then after treating the area for my sentiment with an antistatic tool and stamped the sentiment "You make me a happy camper" from the S'more Coffee set with Brutus Monroe Embossing Ink, covered with the Alabaster Embossing Powder and heat set it.  Finally I glued the whole panel to the front of my card base to finish off my card.

 Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a great week.

List of products used (using my affiliated links, which are no additional costs to you but do help support my page and crafting.). All products listed are from Brutus Monroe unless noted, however all products linked are available in the BM online store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...