Monday, November 23, 2020

November 2020 Die of the Month from Brutus Monroe. (2 cards)

 Be Happy Be Bright Be You Card



For my first card using some of the dies from the Brutus Monroe November Die of the Month, I cut out the two large flower dies five (5) times from some scrap white cardstock.  Using pixie spray to temporarily affix them to my white card panel (which measures 8.5" x 3.5").  I chose Worn Lipstick and Squeezed Lemonade from the Distress Oxide Inks and blended them over the top of my cardpanel and flower die cuts, blending the two colors wherever they met.  Before, removing the flowers, I used some shimmer spray from my stash to give some shine to my card.  I carefully peeled off the die cut flowers and saved them from my second card.  I used liquid glue to attach the card panel to my White Slim Line Card Base.  I took a small scrap of white cardstock and stamped the Be Happy, Be Bright, Be You Card from the Floral Frame Stamp set with the same pink oxide ink.  Finally to finish off my card I used some yellow flat back pearls to my sentiment strip.


Thanks Card
This next card was very quick and easy.  I used liquid glue to attach all the die cut flowers used from my Slim Line Card project (Be Happy Be Bright Be You Card) and arranged them around my white A2 Card base.  I flipped the cardbase over and cut off any overhanging pieces, filling in small holes if needed to my card front.  I looked through my scrap bin for some matching pink and yellow cardstock.  I cut down a 4.25" x .5"(about) piece of yellow cardstock and attached that to the top half of my card.  I used a Thanks die from my stash and cut it out of both the pink and a white scrap of cardstock. I sprayed the Thanks with the same shimmer spritz from my stash to have the pink sparkle like the flowers. Next, I glued the pink Thanks to the white, offsetting them slightly to leave a small shadow of white showing.  I attached this to the yellow strip to finish my card.



If you would like to buy this fantastic set of Dies this month, here is my affiliated link to the November 2020 product. (Affiliated link is at no additional cost to you, however I receive a small percentage to help fund my crafting.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...