Monday, December 7, 2020

Brutus Monroe Die of the Month

 

Slim Line Card featuring the Die of the month

For my card today, I used the die of the month in a different way.  I cut the die out of some heavy weight card stock and then lined it up at the top of my Pre-cut Slim Line Card panel until I got the desired pattern I wanted.  I used some low tack tape to temporarily attach it to my card panel at the bottom of the die (which was the center of my card panel).  Using a blending tool and Clear Skies ink from Simon Hurley Creates, I blended the ink over the die cut which shows the negative pattern on my panel.  I then flipped my panel around and repeated the same steps.  I took the time to arrange the die cut so it would have almost (if not the same) pattern on the other side.

Next I quickly covered my panel in Icicle Embossing Powder and set it with my heat gun.  I have found that the Simon Hurley Create Inks stay wet just long enough to using embossing powder over them, however, I usually work quickly just in case.  I like the Icicle Embossing Powder, because it is a clear embossing powder and shows the ink color below and just enhances it a bit with shine.


I lined up my panel in my Original Misti, choosing the Seasons Greetings sentiment from the Snow Scenes stamp set, and stamped out my sentiment with the same Clear Skies ink.  I also covered this with the same Icicle embossing powder and heat set it. I cut down my card panel slightly and used a blue piece of card stock that I found in my stash that was just a shade darker than the ink.  After matting my panel on the front of the blue card stock, I then attached both panels to my Precut Slim Card Base that I scored and folded at 3.5"

I used the scraps of blue paper to cut out the Simple Snowflake dies and attached them to the front of my card.  Finally, for some more texture and dimension, I added some of the Flat Back Pearls to the center of each of the snowflake.


Close up of my card.  You can almost see the sparkle from the Embossing powder



Here is are links to each of the products that I used.  They can all be found in the Brutus Monroe store. (affiliated links are at no cost to you but do help support my creating and content on this page-Thank you)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...