Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Snow Scenes Stamp and Die Combo From Brutus Monroe



Stamp and Die combo what??? yes, you read that right.  Now available at Brutus Monroe is the beautiful Snow Scenes Stamp and Die combo.  This stamp set is so beautiful.  It has three snowflakes that have a center with a different winter scene.  One is a peaceful river scene, one is the forest scene, and the other is cozy cabin scene.  The last snowflake has an open center that is perfect for a sentiment or pattern paper or one of the small snowflake stamps that also come with the set.  The dies match each of the large snowflakes and there is a circle die that cuts out the center of the snowflakes.  This stamp set is also available with the December Inspiration Box-Winter Winds, which you can order here.

When I received this set, I decided right away that I wanted to make a rainbow snowflake card.  I used the three scene snowflakes and stamped them out in rainbow order. First I took the Forest Scene and stamped it in Bee sting and Guppy Ink.  I quickly covered my inked images with Brutus Monroe Icicle Embossing Powder and heat set them.  I used Slipper When Wet and Later Gator Inks with the Cabin Snowflake set and repeated the same steps as above.  Finally I used Clear Skies and Triple Berry for the River scene and again heat set the Icicle embossing powder over the stamps images.

Here is a closeup so you can see the shine that the embossing powder gives the ink.

Using the coordinating dies, I quick cut out each of the snowflakes.  To cut the centers of my snowflakes, I decided to use a bigger die from the Circle Foundation die set than the one that came with stamp set only because I wanted to go on the outside of the circles to give them that definite border.  I popped up the centers with foam squares keeping to the rainbow order.

Next I pulled a precut slim line panel and used some low tack tape to attach the Simple Slim Line Stencil Dressing Screen.  This time I only used three inks: Bee Sting, Slippery When Wet and Clear Skies.  I used my blending tools to blend the inks to make a rainbow.  When I do this, I start with my lightest, in this case the Slippery When Wet yellow, and blended in the middle up toward the top and slightly towards the bottom.  Next, I used Bee Sting at the top and blended over the Slipper When Wet to create and orange color.  I also blended some Bee Sting at the very bottom.  Finally, I used Clear Skies in the remaining white portion of my panel and blended up over some of the yellow and down over the red at the bottom.I like using a three color blend to make my rainbows instead of using all six colors. I find the blend to be more cohesive and smooth when combined them to make the orange, green and purple.  Because the Dressing Screen stencil is smaller than a standard Slim Line Stencil, I made sure to blend the board at the top and bottom giving me that rainbow effect as well.  Before I removed my stencil I quickly sprayed the whole panel with a shimmer spray from my stash for some sparkle and shine.

I trimmed down my rainbow panel slightly and attached it to my card.  Now full disclosure, I meant to make a landscape card, however, I attached my panel backwards so the rainbow started with purple, so I had to adapt.  No worries I just flipped the card to portrait and moved on.  I attached the snowflakes from the top to the bottom with liquid glue in of course rainbow order.  Lastly, I put my whole card base in my Original Misti and stamped my sentiment from the set with Raven Detail in.

Thank you for stopping by.  Here is a list of affiliated links to the Brutus Monroe store for products that I used on this card. (Affiliated links are at no additional cost for you, they just help to support my content and blog.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...