Monday, March 15, 2021

Brutus Monroe Stencil of the Month March 2021

 

Today's card has no stamping.  This month's stencil of the Month from Brutus Monroe is a slim line stencil called Multi Ring.  My first step was to choose some patterned paper to cut out the tag for the front of my card.  This is a paper from the Farmhouse Florals 6x6 collection.

I compared my pink inks from my stash the pink in the roses and blended them both over the Multi Ring stencil (with pixie spray) temporarily attached my 8.5 x 3.75 white slim line card base with a blending brush.  Next, I dug through my leftover stash from Brutus Monroe Inspiration boxes and found a ribbon that also coordinated with the flowers and attached it to the bottom of my die cut tag with Easy Tear Tape in the 1/4" size.  I also threaded the top of the tag with more of the ribbon.

I attached the tag to the front of my card with some foam tape and then looked through my scrap stash for matching cardstocks to cut out my roses, leaves and sentiment.  I used the Rose Corner Die in a yellow, pink and orangey/red paper.  I fussy cut one rose out of the die cut and attached them to a darker scrap cardstock for the "back petals".  I also fussy cut around the scrap so I had two tone roses.  I repeated this process with two green scraps and a leaf die from the Flowered Heart Die set.  I attached all of the roses and leaves to the top of the tag on my card with liquid glue.

Finally, I used the same pink scraps to cut the word Hugs and its shadow die from Christopher's Sentiment Cutting Dies.  I did use my blender brush and the darker of my two pinks to give the shadow layer a little tint.  I used liquid glue to attach the sentiment together and then to the front of my card near the bottom of my tag.

Here is a list of affilated links to the products I used that can be found in the Brutus Monroe Store:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...