Monday, April 12, 2021

Mini Slim Birthday Card (BM Stencil of the month and Galaxy Glazes)

 Today's card features the Brutus Monroe Stencil of the Month and the new Galaxy Glazes.

I started by spraying the stencil with Pixie Spray and letting the dry a minute on the back of my stencil.  Then I temporarily attached my stencil to a 3.5" x 6.5" black cardstock on the diagonal.  Using a piece of post-it note, torn in four pieces, I covered the corners of my card panel to keep them clean.  

Next, I used the Blue Galaxy Glaze and my stencil pal, I applied a thin layer over my entire card.  When I apply glaze over a stencil, I try and only pull it one way to prevent the glaze from squishing under the stencil.  After removing the post it notes, I slowly pull apart my card panel from the stencil.  Setting the panel aside to dry, I quickly wipe off my stencil and tools, and place them in a bucket of warm water until later to clean.  (If you leave glazes or pastes on your stencils and they dry, they could potentially not wash off later.)

Earlier, I had made another panel the same way, using the Purple Galaxy Glaze that had dried overnight.  I cut this panel down to 3.5" x 5.5."  My card base is a white heavyweight cardstock measuring at 6.5" x 3.5."  I attached the stenciled card panel to the middle of my card base with liquid glue.  For my sentiment I used a scrap from my cardbase and the birthday sentiment from Christopher's Sentiment Cutting Dies.  After I attached it to my cardbase with liquid glue, I stamped a "happy" sentiment from my stash with a blue ink.  I used my scissors to cut it down before I affixed it above the birthday die cut.  I finished off my card using some white flat back pearls to my card.

Here is the link for my YouTube video.  This is my first edited and voice over video.  I hope you like it and will give me a thumbs up and subscribe.   


Here is an affliated list of products that I used in the Brutus Monroe Store:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...