Monday, April 19, 2021

You're a Rainbow in a Stormy Sky - Slim Line Card

Today's post is a Slim Line card for you today featuring one of the newest stamp sets released from Brutus Monroe.  As soon as I saw Balloon Ride, I knew I had to have it.  The balloons are awesome.  The sentiments and accent stamps are just perfect for many designs and card themes.  



The Sentiment "You're a rainbow in a stormy sky" made me instantly think of a rainbow of hot air balloons. I started by stamping out all the balloons on Alcohol Perfect Blend paper with Raven Detail ink; and coloring them in with Copic Markers. The colors I used were RV02, RV04, RV06 (pink), R27, R29, R46 (red), YR04, YR07, YR09 (orange), Y08, Y15, Y17, Y19 (yellow), YG67, G24, G46 (green), B21, B23, B24, B37 (blue), BV02, V17, V25 (purple), E57 (brown)

Next, I used my Scan and Cut to cut out my images and then used my Scissors to trim any imperfections left from the machine.  For my card panel, I used one of the Precut Slim Line Panels, a cloud stencil from my stash, a blender brush along with Stormy Sky, and Blueprint sketch Oxide inks.  I rotated my stencil around to create my sky; using Stormy Sky at the top and Blueprint Sketch at the bottom.  To finish off the sky, I lightly used the leftover ink on my blending brush to soften the harsh white clouds.

I lined up my balloons on my panel in Rainbow order in my Original Misti, to help me figure out where I wanted my sentiment.  I stamped it and a few of the bird stamps around my balloons with Raven Detail Ink.  Using liquid glue to affix my balloons and then my card panel to a precut Slim Line Card Base to finish off my card.

Here's is a list of links to products that you can find in the Brutus Monroe Store:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugs and Kisses Challenge Card (Brutus Monroe)

 This month's CYOEchallenge on the Brutus Monore Fan Club Page is: Break out your sparkles and lets make some fun cards.  I started off...